You wouldn't even grant me that much...


This is beginning to look strangely familiar completely eliminating my hope that for once I'd be wrong. I'm having a hard time standing because of the weight of my flawless record, which is more of a burden than a delight. 

It was merely my desire, that by understanding that which makes you tick, I would make a miscalculation. Yes, unlike every other experience in this life where not carrying a digit or dropping a decimal is a proverbial death wish, I wanted to get the problem wrong all together.

Ideally, I would confuse messages with the absence of free time. The presumption would be that you were too busy enjoying family and friends to use your phone for anything more than a logistical tool. What I neglected to acknowledge is that I wouldn't be include in either group or any of their respective subsets. It never crossed my mind that you would delibertly ignore my attempts to keep in touch (per your request). I distinctly recall you assuring me that all that had taken place was ancient history & that moving forward in this exchange would be accomplished by ignoring that of which we do not speak.

Truth be told, I have nothing concrete, just the sickening feeling that inspite of all the helium that was being distributed, I've left the gas station with nothing more than over price & sweelty scented hot air. 

I'd rather nothing than a false promise...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Eggs, OJ, & Yellow Grits

Muscle(d) Memories

Cinnamon & Clove & Oranges