You can't get your club & your kid on at the same time




I like to keep the rants & raves to a minimum but you'll just have to bear with me on this one


Yesterday I was reminded that a woman I've known for sometime has a young child. While this is neither a shock nor is it something I turn my nose down at, I was (am) quite upset to hear that her young child lives over an hour away from her with her mother and for the most part does not exisit in her life. Her presence on the local night scene is so common that one can even forecast the nature of the crowd in attendance merely by knowing whether or not she was in attendance. Whats even more upsetting is that her so-called friends don't chastise her for abandoning her child!!

I understand that the offspring curve ball often catches people off guard (as though they didn't believe they could become pregant) but your learning curve for child rearing lessens the more active you are as a parent. Dropping your child off with your parents as you attempt to reclaim your youth by continuing partying is ridiculous. Let me make it clear, my issue is not with single parents who need a break from their kids every now and then rather with those who elect to take a permanent break. 

It was your decision to do what was done in order to have a child & regardless of how you're parents did/didn't raise you, its not THEIR responsibilty to raise YOUR child. 

Comments

Anonymous said…
people like that really piss me off...TAKE CARE OF YOUR RESPONSIBLITIES!!!!!!
W said…
needless to say it took me while to calm down once I heard that
W said…
well the apple doesn't usually fall from the tree. We can thank sir Newton for that revelation.

Popular posts from this blog

Cheese Eggs, OJ, & Yellow Grits

Muscle(d) Memories

Dishes from feasting on food for thought